On this week’s episode, we welcome Carly Stein. Once referred to as “that weird bee girl,” today Carly is the founder of Beekeeper’s Naturals, an incredible company that makes healthy, honey-related products in the most sustainable, ethical, and thoroughly-tested way. In this episode, we learn what it takes to sustainably harvest these products, why it’s so important to be selective about where your honey is coming from, and why supporting bees is one of the most incredible and necessary gifts you can give to the world. Carly’s interest in beekeeping was sparked when she experimented with bee products to heal her autoimmune diseases. Since then, Carly’s own medicinal experiments have become highly advanced, and Beekeepers Naturals have some of the most innovative products you could ever imagine. They have an antibacterial spray made from bee propolis, they make a nootropic with Royal Jelly, and, get this, they recently released CBD-infused honey! They do all this magic using sustainable harvesting practices with a team of genuine honeybee advocates. If you want to be whipped up into the wondrous world of bees and the diverse healing powers of bee products, then this episode is a sweet one for you.
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
Key Points From This Episode:
• Learn more about Beekeeper’s Naturals and what they do.
• Find out how Beekeeper’s Naturals harvest their products sustainably.
• The challenge of finding pesticide-free land for the bees.
• How sustainability is slowing the potential growth of the company.
• Nerding out: Carly shares her personal history with beekeeping.
• Why Carly decided to become a beekeeper’s apprentice (before it was cool).
• The background behind Beekeper’s Naturals’ nootropic product and their B.LXR.
• B. Chill: The calming properties of honey and CBD oil.
• How to use B. Chill for stress, anxiety, and airplane flights.
• Carly describes the almost endless benefits of propolis.
• The different floral sources and locations of Beekeeper’s Naturals’ honey.
• Why not sprinkle some bee pollen on your cereal or your ice-cream!
• Is it a good idea to use pollen to treat allergies?
• The benefits of pollen as a multivitamin and workout enhancer.
• What it was like for Carly to leave her job to become a beekeeper.
• Carly’s advice for anyone wanting to pursue their passion.
• Learn more about the inner workings of Carly’s business team.
• And much more!
“People thought I was very weird . . . The weird bee girl.” — @Beekeepers_Nat [0:19:40.1]
“It came from finding my passion, from this love and obsession with the bees and solving my own health problems.” — @Beekeepers_Nat [0:20:43.1]
“We test the crap out of everything we do because we want it to work.” — @Beekeepers_Nat [0:27:33.1]
“Propolis is the original antibiotic. We’ve used it for centuries, across cultures.” — @Beekeepers_Nat [0:29:43.1]
“Propolis is my protector.” — @Beekeepers_Nat [0:37:15.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Beekeeper’s Naturals – https://beekeepersnaturals.com/
Beekeeper’s Naturals on Twitter – https://twitter.com/Beekeepers_Nat
Beekeeper’s Naturals on Facebook– https://www.facebook.com/BeekeepersNaturals/
Beekeeper’s Naturals Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/beekeepers_naturals/
Carly Stein on Twitter – https://twitter.com/carlystein_b
UC Davis Bee Research – https://honey.ucdavis.edu/
Canadian Bee Research Fund – http://honeycouncil.ca/honey-industry/canadian-bee-research-fund/
Royal Jelly – https://draxe.com/royal-jelly/
Gingko Biloba – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263105.php
London Pharmacopoeia – https://www.britannica.com/topic/London-Pharmacopoeia
PubMed – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
Chomps – https://chomps.com/
We Edit Podcasts – https://www.weeditpodcasts.com/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It's easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you'll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.