On today’s episode we host Samantha Lee Wright from The Essential Oil Revolution podcast. Samantha is here to talk to us about all things essential oils and how they can improve your life and health. During the discussion, we cover Samantha’s history and how she became involved in working with essential oils before diving into the nitty gritty on the subject. We look at the difference between good quality and cheap products and why to choose quality over price. We also get into health benefits, usage instructions, dosage, and some of the history of essential oil use by humans. Most of our listeners are probably aware of essential oils as a product, if they do not already use them, but it only now that the real benefits of the substances are coming to light and they are becoming a mainstream health item. This episode provides plenty of motivation and reasons for why you should be incorporating oils in your daily routine. So do not miss out. Tune in to hear it all!
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Samantha’s background and how she fell in love with essential oils.
- An introduction to telling the difference between pure essential oils and the rest.
- A quick look at some of the health benefits of essentials oils.
- Different ways to use essentials either on the body, internally or diffused in the air.
- Dosages and amounts when administering essential oils.
- Why internal use of essential oils is slightly controversial.
- When and why to use the oils topically, internally or in the air.
- Potential times to avoid using oils and which ones might be problematic.
- A brief look at the deeply rooted history of essential oil usage.
- A cheat sheet of how Samantha uses oils for energy, sleep, and stress relief.
- A start in understanding what happens in your body when you use essential oils.
- A few tips and things to think about when purchasing a diffuser.
- Recommendations on which oils to purchase and from where.
- And much more!
“Back then, I really didn’t understand that fragrance is actually a very different thing than smell. A lot of essential oils are really just synthetic fragrances disguised as essential oils” — @LifeBySamWright [0:05:04.2]
“Our sense of smell is our most primitive sense. I mean, it developed very early on and it’s a survival tool.” — @LifeBySamWright [0:13:28.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Samantha Lee Wright — http://samanthaleewright.com/
Samantha Lee Wright on Twitter — https://twitter.com/lifebysamwright
The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast — https://revolutionoilspodcast.com/
Free Oil Course — http://samanthaleewright.com/freeoilcourse
Pub Med — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
Episode 91 of The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast — https://revolutionoilspodcast.com/revolution-podcast/essential-oils-vs-pharmaceuticals
Organic Aromas — https://organicaromas.com/
Young Living — https://www.youngliving.com
Dr. Becky Campbell — https://drbeckycampbell.com/
The 30 Day Thyroid Reset Plan — https://www.amazon.com/30-Day-Thyroid-Reset-Plan-Disarming-ebook/dp/B0786RSGYR
Paleo f(x) — https://www.paleofx.com/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It's easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you'll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.